A lunch-time conversation about this led to a discussion of the recent trend in handheld devices, that being the all-in-one. Cell phones that are cameras. PDAs with wireless internet. Et cetera.
So, just what would the ideal all-in-one have?
- Pager – a subset of phone, really.
- Wireless internet – so we can all be mindless blackberry drones.
- USB drive – disks are so 2002.
- PDA, and everything that implies.
- MP3 player
- Digital camera
- Video recorder – phones have these now, right?
- DVD player – miniDVDs are on their way, so why not?
- Videogame device – with the rash of handhelds coming out, add a D-pad to the thing and we’re go.
- GPS device
- Radio – kinda weird to think about, isn’t it? Transistor radios?
- Satellite TV – possible? No clue.
Any of these would also be cool.
- flashlight – so you can stop using the spooky screen-glow to find things in the dark,
- tazer / mace / personal alarm – the issue here it, it becomes a weapon.
- tweezers, toothpick, etc. Anything in the Victorinox Swiss Card
- mini-projector – why not?
- lighter – Colibri makes real small ones. Throw it on there! Need a light? It’s right next to the button that reveals all of my personal information!